This windbreak netting is ideal for creating shelter for plants and livestock that are in areas prone to strong winds. This is a vital product in making sure a full harvest is available without any wind damage to the crops. When the wind passes through this netting the speed is reduced by approximately 50% and therefore less damage is caused to the plants. Additionally it can be used around patio areas to create a less windy, more comfortable environment. It's Also used as a shade netting with 60% of light being obstructed allowing the other 40% to penetrate through.
A combination of flat tape threads and double lock-stitch technology creates the ultimate woven netting giving it a life span of up to 10 years - so you can use it season after season. This design produces a strong, durable product that is tear-proof and does not fray when it is cut. There are buttonhole eyelets situated at 4cm intervals down both sides of the netting to allow easy fixing to poles, posts and other structures.
The most popular way of securing this net to a structure is with the use of cable ties as they are easily threaded through the eyelets and fastened wire fencing or it can also be battened to wooden poles. The material is also chemical resistant; therefore the use of pesticides and detergents will not have a detrimental effect on the netting.
- Protects crops and plants from strong winds.
- Flat tape threads.
- Double lock-stitch technology.
- Buttonhole eyelets every 6cms.
- Resistant to chemicals.
- Rip and fray-proof.
- Also blocks 60% of light.
- Available in green and black.
- 3ft, 4ft and 6ft widths.
- 100 gr/m2
Excellent windbreak netting
Bought to protect a newly planted hornbeam hedge. Delivery was prompt, and the newly erected netting was immediately put to the test by several days of severe south westerlies, and worked extremely well to protect the hedging.
Other reviewers prefer black, but to me the green looks a natural colour, not bright, and blends in well with a farmland background.
Mike Player | North Cornwall | March 2021
I wrote a review just after I received the netting complimenting you on the efficient service, but I had not erected the netting. I have now done so and it is very effective. Being black it is also less obtrusive than the bright green and so blends in with the surroundings much better.
Richard E Smith | Hampshire | March 2021
I ordered some black windbreak netting yesterday and it arrived today! Superb service. I haven't erected it yet, but it looks fine. I chose black as I thought it would blend into the landscape better than bright green.
Richard Smith | Hampshire | January 2021
Just installed 70m black windbreak along our western boundary. It's uneven ground adjoining rough pasture with existing fence posts in place. Was a dream to install, easily tensioned despite the uneven ground and gives a really professional appearance. Delighted with the black - much less noticeable than green in our environment. We have regular sustained winds of 60+ mph during the winter - In comparison to many of the windbreak mesh fencing used locally this certainly looks like it will be effective.
Sue Horne | Shetland isles | April 2020
Thank you for prompt delivery of exactly what I ordered, windbreak netting as described.
Every year my globe artichokes catch a few early rays of sunshine and sprout like there's no tomorrow. Then, every year, along comes a few hours of gale and there's leaves and broken stems everywhere.
When I put the netting up on Wednesday I thought maybe I had wasted my money. It's so thin and floppy and feeble looking. Last night the storm came big time. I checked my wire caged qvs netted artichokes at midnight and they were hardly swaying.
This morning I see that the wind blew leaves and blossom off the trees and sent my neighbour's plants on walkabout. My artichokes are standing grandly in the sunshine. I am sooooo pleased.
North Cornwall (Treeless. Near the stormy clifftops)
Steve Bond | North Cornwall | April 2019
Showing 11 to 15 (15). Page 2 of 2.