These canvas sheets are incredibly durable and are suitable for many uses including agricultural, farming use, DIY and more. The classic look and feel of the canvas is favoured by many customers and its strength and weight are suitable for heavy duty purposes.
A canvas tarp construction consists of woven cotton duck, a natural fabric. It has single-stitched hems which contain rust-resistant eyelets. The fabric is breathable, which makes it useful for a wide variety of jobs.
The canvas sheets come pre-waxed but over time it will need to be applied again. Re-waxing is a simple process and specialist tools can be purchased.
- Wax treated
- Single filled cotton duck canvas
- Breathable fabric
- Rust resistant eyelets
- Eyelets approx. 2ft (60cm) intervals on all sides
- Colour: Tan
- Available in 14 different sizes
Sizes Available: 4ft x 6ft, 6ft x 8ft, 6ft x 10ft, 8ft x 10ft, 8ft x 12ft, 10ft x 10ft, 10ft x 12ft, 10ft x 16ft, 10ft x 20ft, 12ft x 18ft, 12ft x 20ft, 12ft x 24ft, 20ft x 20ft and 18ft x 30ft
All sizes listed are approximate industry standard 'cut sizes' of material before being made into the finished product. Please be aware that the 'finished size' could be up to 9" (22cm) shorter on both sides to allow for hems and seams in the finishing process. Please note that the actual cut size measurement is printed on the outside of each tarpaulin near one of the corner.
Please note that all coloured canvas tarpaulins are wax-proofed and dyed so there is a possibility of colour transference upon application - please ensure you take caution to eliminate any risk of staining on your person, clothing or objects to be covered.
Canvas tarpaulins are wax-treated to make them water resistant. This does not mean that the sheets are waterproof ( if you need a 100% waterproof tarp then please look at our extensive range of polyethelene and PVC tarps), and they will require re-proofing after wet weather exposure to keep their water resistant properties. Suitable spray waxes can be purchased from most DIY and home hardware stores.
General Advice for Canvas Tarpaulin Usage
* When using a tarpaulin to cover something, you should ensure that the tarp is well supported according to its size; the bigger the tarp the more support it will require. A tarp should not be hung by its eyelets only; this places unnecessary stress on the eyelets, which could then pull out if they are put under undue force or pressure. Please note: QVS cannot be held responsible for damage caused by product misuse, or where sufficient care has not been exercised during inclement weather. No guarantee is given to the strength of the eyelets, and so, wherever possible, you should always use additional fixing points to limit the risk of damage.
* Appropriate measures should be taken in accordance with weather conditions and the application you are putting the tarp to. An assessment should be made; if strong winds are due, then you will need to take extra care in ensuring your tarpaulin is really well secured! It may even be necessary to take the tarpaulin down.
* If water is allowed to pool and collect on the tarp this will increase the stress on the eyelets and also eventually let water seep through the tarpaulin. Therefore you should always position the sheet in such a way to allow excess water to drain off.
* Please take care to avoid any sharp edges that could catch and potentially rip your tarpaulin. You should also be aware of contact spots or constant friction which could wear down and damage the material, thus reducing the lifespan of your cover.
* In most instances, we recommend the use of bungee shock cord rather than rope, as bungee cord is a flexible product which will endure better in strong winds and reduces the pressure exerted on the eyelets. On large tarps we recommend that rope is run over the top side of the sheet; this acts to prevent the wind lifting (and therefore straining) the tarpaulin.
* We recommend using all of the eyelets on your tarpaulin, and where possible using extra fixing points. By securing your tarp at every available point, you will limit the possibility of wind being able to get in underneath. A tarpaulin can act like a sail if caught, and this extra stress can inevitably lead to eyelets or seams ripping.
* We recommend that you regularly check your tarpaulin for secure fixing, and to ensure that the sheet is fully in tact and undamaged.
* If your tarpaulin does rip or split, we recommend that the damage is seen to as soon as possible. The sooner a problem is seen to, the less likely a rip is to worsen.
*These tarps are sold with a warranty to be free from defects at the time of purchase. It is therefore imperative that you check your product before it is used for the first time. Due to weather conditions and the many different applications tarpaulins can be put to, we are unable to provide any additional guarantees.
Good heavy duty canvas awning
These are very well made. I use them for awnings when doing LARP - live action role play. This one stood up to high winds recently when other, thinner awnings on the field failed with torn eyelet holes or rips. It isn't totally waterproof as in heavy rain the water will drip through, but the treatment stops it getting too soggy. Warning - if left in a damp place it will get black mould developing on it, as I discovered with the last one I had stored over lockdown. However I had used for several years and it was otherwise undamaged. Note: they are quite heavy.
Milla | Brighton | June 2022
Bought the tarpaulin to cover a RIB as too many cheaper covers had been destroyed by the wind
Brian McMurray | Dumfries and Galloway | November 2021
its very good quality
good and strong
stephen POOLE | DURSLEY | November 2021
A really great heavy duty canvas tarpaulin
I have used these tarpaulins as a winter door to my workshop and they are superb. There heavy weight is ideal keeping out all the elements of wind, rain and sonw. I am able to store it on a roller over the doorway during the summer months. I have been so pleased to find a tarpaulin of this weight and quality to do the job for many years.
QVS are so quick with the delivery once the order is placed being another bonus.
Emlyn Roberts | Telford Shropshire | October 2021
Good tough taup.
Very good robust product.
Sophie Maddison | Norfolk | June 2021